I always look forward to the next year. Some years more so than others. Since we began our nomadic lifestyle in 2011, each year just seems to get better and better. So, naturally, we have high hopes for 2014.
We began 2013 in Morocco. We were at the end of a 2-month housesit on an oasis. Definitely a cool place to begin a new year even if absolutely no one in that town celebrates the new year.
We will be welcoming 2014 in Vienna, Austria, with a friend from Utila. I’m looking forward to fireworks and fun!
So what our hopes for the next year?
- I’d like the US to change and not so be crazy.
- I want to see Paris again.
- Get my junior advanced open water certification
Tigger becomes a teenager in 2014, too! His body is slightly ahead of the curve, though. He has been eating everything in sight, and today I discovered the beginnings of a moustache on his face. *sigh* Dad isn’t quite ready for his adorable little boy to officially enter the young man phase, but it looks like he’s going to ignore my plea to stop growing.
Where’s the gratitude?
- I’m looking forward to many things this year. But my principal goal for 2014 is to live in Paris for at least 1 month this spring. We visited it in the middle of winter this year. It was still wonderful, (Duh! It’s Paris!) but I’ve been there in the spring, and it’s absolutely glorious then, so I want Tigger to experience it. And every time I’ve been to Paris it’s only been for around a week. I want more time to soak it all in.
- We have a housesit in Ireland which I’m very excited about. Since we’ll be so close, I’m hoping to pop over to Scotland for a visit as well. Since it’s a rather pricey place to visit (if your home currency is the USD like ours), it probably won’t be a long visit, but I’m just happy to see even some of that beautiful country.
- I would very much like to see the northern lights in Iceland. However, that’s another not cheap country. Paris is the priority for me, but hopefully we can work out a way to incorporate Iceland, too.
- We may be heading to some additional parts of Africa and possibly returning to Morocco for a bit.
- The sequel to my fantasy novel should be published next year, in addition to an updated version of the visa guide I wrote.
- As always, I look forward to meeting new people and making new friends.
- We’ll be spending a good amount of time in Europe, and possibly Africa, and I’m very eager to see some new (to us) parts of those continents.
- Continuing to build fluency in French.
- Teaching Tigger his junior advanced open water once the water is warm enough. I love diving with him, and it’s going to be even more enjoyable now that we won’t have the depth limits he had previously because of age and certification level.
Another big deal for us in 2014: We’ll hit our 1000th day of travel!! We’re going to celebrate with a big giveaway with lots of cool prizes. Stay tuned!
I continue to be in love with my life, and this is definitely the longest stretch of time I’ve been able to say that.
My gut tells me 2014 is going to be absolutely fabulous. I look forward to seeing what it has in store for us!
What are your hopes and dreams for the new year?