Today marks our 600th day of travel!
It’s funny, because in some ways it’s hard to believe we’ve already been gone for 600 days, and in other ways it feels like it’s been much longer.
Do I have any regrets? Not a damn one.
Well, maybe one—that we didn’t do this sooner. But, we had to get through some other things first, so that’s okay.
For me I would say the highlights of the last 600 days would be Ecuador and Morocco, although I really did love Utila, too.
We’ve achieved a lot really.
- We’ve visited 11 countries on 4 continents
- I became an advanced open water & rescue diver, Emergency First Response instructor (1st aid & CPR), divemaster and scuba instructor (plus specialties and other certifications)
- I finished writing and publishing 2 books
- Tigger became a junior open water diver, dove with sharks, and did his first wreck dive, as well as learned to surf in Ecuador, paraglided in Peru, and parasailed in Mexico,
- and Tigger also took his first medium-distance train ride in Spain, and we both had our 1st international (also intercontinental) ferry ride between Spain and Morocco, as well as enjoyed our 1st overnight train ride (Tangier to Marrakech).
What does the immediate future hold in store for us? Well, we don’t like to plan really. We much prefer spontaneity. But, it looks like the next 100 days should find us in at least France, Germany, Malaysia and/or Thailand, and New Zealand.
However, like with most things with us, you just never know what we might do next.